CONSTRUCTION, CONCESSIONS AND SERVICES DIVISION
OHL is a large international concessions, engineering and construction company traded on the stock market, conducting business activities throughout Spain and abroad, either directly or through its numerous subsidiaries, with a relevant presence in the private development of infrastructures (concessions).
OHL, with more than one hundred years of experience, has a significant presence in 31 countries across the 5 continents.
- More than 100 years of history.
- Construction and promotion of concessions, principal lines of activity.
- 49th largest international contractor and a reference in the construction of hospitals and railways.
- Activity focused in three geographical areas: USA, Europe and Latin America.
- Ranked in the USA in the Top 20 contractors by sector (transportation) (#18) and in the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Contractors (#15).
- Over 40 years building infrastructures in Latin America.
- Mecca-Medina High-Speed Rail Line, 450 km (Saudi Arabia).
- Ankara-Istanbul High-Speed Rail Line, Inönü-Esenkent section, 206 km (Turkey).
- Modernization of Nové Mesto Nad Váhom-Zlatovce railway line, 17.5 km (Slovak Republic).
- Toronto-York Spadina Subway extension, 8.6 km (Canada).
- Upgrade of the railway line between Lund and Arlöv (Malmö), 8 km of track (Sweden).
- Reconstruction of the Dolga Gora-Poljčane railway section, 7.5 km of double track (Slovenia).
- Medellin tramway, 4.3 km of track (Colombia).
- AirportLink. Extension of Miami metrorail to the airport, 3.8 km (USA).
- EPC Ski contract (Follo Line), 3.5 km (Norway).
- Actions in the NYC subway: 63rd and 72nd Street stations, restoration of the Culver Line, the Columbus Circle Station, seven stations in Brooklyn and the Canarsie tunnel (USA).
- Red Vial 4 Toll Road, 298 km (Peru).
- Mexiquense Beltway, 155 km (Mexico).
- Moquegua - Omate - Arequipa road, section II. Restoration and improvement of 153.5 km (Peru).
- Rehabilitation of the Straseni-Bahmut section (R1 National Road), 44.2 km and construction of the Ungheni beltway, 8.3 km (Moldova).
- Peak Downs road reconstruction. Queensland, 44 km (Australia).
- Bicentennial Viaduct, 32 km (Mexico).
- Beltway in Algiers, 32 km (Algeria).
- Interstate 405, State Route 73 to Interstate 605 section, 25.7 km (USA).
- SR 826/836 Miami Highway Interchange, 25 km (USA).
- Da Nang-Quang Ngai A7 Highway and Hai Phong Highway, 16 km (Vietnam).
- Pacific Highway, construction of a 14 km double lane section (Australia).
- Design and construction of express lanes in I-75 Highway, 9 km in Florida (USA).
- Urban highway in Gdansk, 5 km (Poland).
- Sidra Medical and Research Centre. Total surface area: 378,000 m2, Doha (Qatar).
- Burgos University Hospital. Total surface area: 264,403 m2 Burgos (Spain).
- Oran Convention Centre. Total surface area: 138,000 m2 (Algeria).
- National Archeological Museum (MUNA). Total surface area: 70,000 m2 (Peru).
- Torrespacio, OHL Group’s headquarters. Total surface area: 56,250 m2, Madrid (Spain).
- National Forensic Mental Health Hospital. Total surface area: 24,000 m2, Dublin (Ireland).
- Expansion of the Port of Bilbao (Spain).
- Expansion of the Port of Gijón (Spain).
- New facilities in Punta Langosteira. A Coruña. (Spain).
- Expansion of the Port of Alicante (Spain).
- New berthing line parallel to Nelson Mandela dock, at the Port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain).
- Maritime terminal at Port of Algeciras (Spain).
- Berria Submarine Emissary. Santoña (Spain).
- Port of Granadilla. Tenerife (Spain).
- Port of Barcelona. Southern Breakwater (Spain).
Industrial and energetic infrastructures
- 770 MW combined cycle plant Empalme I. Sonora (Mexico).
- O&M 50 MW Arenales thermosolar plant. Seville (Spain).
- Hydrocarbon storage terminal. Algeciras (Spain).
- More than 150 MW cogeneration plant (Mexico).
- 50 MW biomass power plant. Huelva (Spain).
- 65 MW La Jacinta photovoltaic plant (Uruguay).
- Las Bambas. Chuspiri water dam, Lot 6 (platforms for the concentrating plant) and Lot 9 (platforms for permanent camps and mineral transportation belt) (Peru).
- Antamina. Herightening of the tailings dam (Phase VI B), heightening of the Polishing Pond dike (Peru).
- Yanacocha. Leaching PAD La Quinua 8ª (Peru).
- Quellaveco. Asana River diversion barrier (Peru).
- Cement production plant, 3,150 tn/d (Colombia).
- Crushing plant with agglomeration and stacking system. Shahuindo (Peru).
- Plaster and limestone transport system (Vietnam).
Engineering and fire prevention systems
- Fire prevention systems installations of the sulphur transport system in the Al-Zour refinery (Kuwait).
- CC Empalme I fire prevention systems (Mexico).
- Preventive and corrective maintenance of the Santa María de Garoña, Almaraz, Trillo, Ascó and Vandellós nuclear power plants (Spain).
Promotion of Concessions
Extensive experience in the construction of infrastructure concessions (roads, ports, railways and hospitals) in America and Spain
14 concessions at the end of 2017 (close to 1,000 km)
Railway infrastructure projects in Spain’s two largest cities: Madrid and Barcelona
3 ports (70.7 ha, +2m TEU potential capacity)
Worldwide reference in hospital construction
Asset rotation policy to maximize cash flow generation and fund future projects
Specialized in technical maintenance, cleaning, energy efficiency management, social-health care and urban services
- Lines 8 and 10 of the Madrid subway and lines 1, 4, 5, 9 and 11 of the Barcelona subway (Spain).
- Transports de Barcelona bus network and Barcelona, Seville and Alicante airports (Spain).
- Hospitals: CRS Cordillera (Chile), Clínica Cemtro, Manacor Hospital, Arganda Hospital, health care centers in Zamora and Girona (Spain).
- University of Barcelona, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Polytechnical of Madrid and Parc Científic in Barcelona (Spain).
Social and health services
- Nursing homes in Chillón and Puebla de Don Rodrigo (Ciudad Real), Fontiveros (Ávila), Brenes (Seville), Fortpienc (Barcelona) and Poble Nou (Barcelona). All of them in Spain.
- Assisted living flats in Buitrago de Lozoya (Madrid) and Habitatges amb Serveis de Montnegre i Torre Julia in Marina, and Equipament Pau Casals (Barcelona). All of them in Spain.
Maintenance and energy services
- La Princesa University Hospital, Hermanos Garcia Noblejas Specialty Medical Center and Chamartin Mental Health Care Center in Madrid (Spain).
- Comprehensive maintenance services of the Spanish Parliament facilities (Spain).
- Court buildings in Galicia, Castilla-la Mancha and Castilla y Leon (Spain).
- Maintenance services of walkways, fire alarms and automatic doors of the Alicante-Elche Airport (Spain).
- Maintenance of the HVAC at the Prat Airport in Barcelona (Spain).
- Management of public cleaning services and conservation of public and green areas in Madrid (Lot 4) (Spain).
- Management of public waste containerization collection and transport in Madrid (Lot 2) (Spain).
- Street cleaning services and beach cleaning services in Isla Cristina and Cartaya in Huelva (Spain).
- Maintenance of green areas in Jerez de La Frontera, Torrejón de Ardoz, Boadilla del Monte and Granollers (Spain).
- Maintenance of green and public areas, cleaning of the rainwater harvesting system and of the beaches in the city of Coronel (Chile).
Comprehensive maintenance services of buildings and facilities
- Desigual (Barcelona), Isidro de la Cal (Galicia) and Aena Sabadel (Spain).
Home assistance services
- City councils of A Coruña, Santurzi, Algeciras, Benalmadena, Isla Cristina, Terrasa, San Just and Autonomous Government of Cadiz (Spain).
Development of unique projects in the high-end tourist and hotel sector.
Ciudad Mayakoba (Mexico). This is the first population nucleus planned for Quintana Roo, a residential project that intends to respond to the huge demographic growth in Playa del Carmen. The project, characterized by different types of homes, also includes various services: shopping areas, public open spaces and facilities, among others
Old War Office in Londres (United Kingdom). This is the first project to be executed by the company in London, on the premises of the former British War Office and operations center. The actions undertaken will serve to restore and reconvert this historic building, built between 1898 and 1906, into an exclusive hotel equipped with 125 suites operated by the Raffles chain and 85 apartments. It will also offer a restaurant and bar area, spa and gym.
Old War Office is widely known for having housed the operation center of Sir Winston Churchill and for being the cradle of the British intelligence services (MI5 and MI6). It was also the hub of the country's armed forces during the two world wars.